Falling To Our Barbarians?

151974411127483520
Acadia U., Wolfville, Nova Scotia– Gone over to the Dark Side?

>> Acadia University launches investigation into controversial professor;  also previously, Outspoken professor stokes free-speech debate at East Coast university; and Acadia professor defends Beyak’s residential school remarks

>> Dr. Rick Mehta on his Teaching Style, Research and Thoughts on Free Speech; plus Petition calls for Acadia prof to be fired for social media posts

>> Rebel Media– Acadia University prof battles for viewpoint diversity on campus (GUEST: Rick Mehta)

> SIGN THE PETITION: Petition · Acadia University: Support For Professor Rick Mehta

HOT UPDATE: An Open Letter from Prof Tony Esolen.

I have just sent the following letter in support of Dr. Mehta:

Dear Dr. Hemming,

My family and I have been some-time residents of Nova Scotia since 2003, and have always been moved by the friendliness of your people and, in general, their practical common sense and peaceful ways. Therefore I am stunned to read about what is being done to Professor Rick Mehta, at your university.

I have skin in this game, as they say. I have been a professor of literature for more than thirty years, introducing students to a range of works spanning four thousand years and more than a dozen cultures, written in a broad variety of languages, ten of which I read. So I can see where Dr. Mehta is coming from.

He and his family have been, in their lives and in profoundly personal ways, the victims of ugly prejudices, some of them arising from a clash of cultures, the British and the Indian, and then the Canadian and the Indian. And yet he has the grace, and it seems the courage, not merely to condemn the British, and then your own people the Canadian, for pure evil. He has tried to understand both peoples and to evaluate them with equity, and because of that — because, apparently, he does NOT HATE his erstwhile overlords with sufficient passion — you are now doing to him exactly what you accuse the overlords of having done.

In other words, YOU are playing the part of a colonial master, coming down hard against a mild-mannered and gentle man, for daring not to be your intellectual puppet.

That is disgraceful in its own right. At a university, supposedly a place where young people are to be taught to pursue the truth, it is inexcusable.

Yours sincerely,

Anthony Michael Esolen
Fellow, Thomas More College of the Liberal Arts

 


Panel Discussion on Free Speech at Universities (Acadia University; May 3, 2017)

Via

+ + +

~ AS MY FATHER used to say, ancient civilizations were invaded from outside by barbarians: modern societies are more efficient– we make our own barbarians, inside the gates.

This is an actionable moment for any concerned Canadian, Nova Scotia, Acadia Grad, academic, or just concerned person. It’s also a time to press the media to tell an accurate story, unlike the Canadian Press hack-job reprinted in the recent Chronically Horrid, which mostly quotes an associate professor from New Brunswick as the “expert”.

The Point, Gotten To

To me, this looks like a full-on witch-hunt to get rid of Acadia’s own Jordan Peterson, Professor Rick Mehta. If you can’t answer someone’s wisdom, then threaten their livelihood, reputation, and academic standing. Typical radical politics of personal destruction. Even if he is exonerated, the process IS the punishment.

a420839d30837022868b213d67865335

By GOLLY I Object!

As an Acadia Grad (’86-’87), this mess proves that my Alma Mater has gone full-on flaming loony snowflake/ SJW echo chamber. I guess I was lucky it wasn’t lost to the pink & blue haired barbarians while I was still there.

I wonder: how many Canadian professors have recently been threatened with firing and public disgrace for being too socialist, too Marxist, too Leftist/ progressivist, too ‘Critical Meta-Narrative’, too feminist, too anti-free speech? Yeah, I thought so.

mehtanarr

This attack is sad, humbling, and a call to protest. Now.

What to Do… Some Suggestions

Raise a stink. The barbarians are inside the gates– and they are dressed up as intolerant professors and students, trying to punish and silence someone challenging the no-debate Leftward mono-culture status quo.

If you are on FaceBook, how about dropping a word of support, prayer, and encouragement to Professor Mehta? Every little bit helps.

And youth? Parents? How about considering very very carefully where you want to invest that precious $30K+ in tuition & expenses.. at Politically Correct U, or a real college teaching the whole of the Western Tradition, like King’s College in Halifax, amongst others in Canada & the U.S.?

Why not let Acadia officialdom know what you think (politely, calmly, and not 15 pages)? Carbon copy your MLA, or MP, and interested media. Letters to the editor.

Heather Hemming
Office of the Vice-President, Academic
15 University Avenue
Acadia University
Wolfville, NS B4P 2R6

heather.hemming@acadiau.ca
902-585-1357

The neo-barbarians are inside the gates, killing & pillaging: and we made them. We must expose, fight, and demand free speech and academic freedom under law.

Thus Saith,

Teh Binks

CGjsPdpUYAAAekw


 

Mehta: In His Own Words

SzqPOENq_400x400
Professor “Rick” Mehta

I— Acadia Vs. Mehta

Rick Mehta

February 27th, 2018 

“This post is for the general public and for the students who don’t know me. Many of these individuals may not even know where their next meal is coming from and may even see me as a member of an elite class. These are valid reasons for them to be skeptical about why they should care about my situation. I hope that my post addresses these issues.

I want to start this post by acknowledging that Acadia University is a publicly funded institution that receives its income primarily from the general public and students’ tuition. I believe that this makes these groups of people my employer and, even though this is not written down in any official capacity, I believe that this means that I am morally and ethically bound to serve their interests in my capacity as a professor.

From my perspective, I believe that my duty is to ensure that my students become informed and engaged citizens who can think critically and can make informed decisions. This also means that I am duty-bound to do what I can to ensure that they will become citizens who are open to diverse perspectives even if they disagree with what they’re being told, and that that they will be able to generate good ideas – so good that they can win people to their side solely on the strength of their ideas.

In my time at Acadia, I worked on these goals quietly in the confines of my classrooms. This is because I am an introvert at heart and have never had the desire to be in the public spotlight. Based on the rapport that I have had with my current and past students, I like to think that the quiet, understated approach is what worked best for me. I felt like I was making a contribution to society and enjoyed the quiet satisfaction of not being in the public spotlight and of not having fame.

In 2015, I started to suspect that there were serious problems with the university system. In 2016, I became worried that the problems would affect Canadian universities. In May 2017, I organized a panel discussion on free speech to discuss this issue (I’ve posted it on YouTube). Based on the feedback I received, I believed the event was successful and I was optimistic that I could play a role in instituting change at Acadia.

I became alarmed by events that transpired in the summer of 2017, and decided to present a thorough and comprehensive talk on free speech (the talk is posted on YouTube). In that talk, I also presented some ideas on how to implement change that would balance the conflicting concerns that had been brought to my attention. My talk was well attended (and listened to online) by students and members of the Wolfville/Acadia community. But the only faculty members who attended my talk or have said anything (e.g., over campus emails) have been the ones who oppose me.

Between September and November, I sent out campus emails and used social media to fight my own union because I believed that they were abusing their power to get money that I as a faculty member didn’t deserve, because I disagreed with their strong-arm tactics, and because their proposals would undermine academic freedom and free speech.

Since December, I have openly challenged many viewpoints that have become dominant on campus (i.e., questioning the basis for “systemic racism”, “systemic sexism”, the university’s decolonization initiatives, etc.) both in the emails that I have sent to my campus and on social media. Rather than refute me, which would be easy for the best and brightest minds to do if they had arguments and data on their side, the people who oppose me are claiming that I am harassing and/or being discriminatory towards them, and are using university policies that are vague and ill-defined as their basis for asking that the university investigate me (I’d be happy to send people copies of the policies so that they can judge for themselves)

Furthermore, my department has taken away the courses that I have taught for years (I would be happy to send people copies of my resume if they are skeptical about whether or not I was competent at my job). The rationale that I was given that there were “concerns” about my teaching. I submitted my appeal and explained the reasons why I believed this decision was unfair, and proposed that I teach the large sections of Introductory Psychology that I have taught this year, and that I would cover a third course on overload. Because I already have a good salary, I gave my word that I would donate the extra income to a charity so that the extra money would benefit the people who needed it more than me.

After taking over three weeks to get back to me (which is the time frame given in the university’s collective agreement), the Dean overturned my appeal. Rather than summarize his rationale, I welcome people to contact me. I can then send you copies of my appeal and the Dean’s response so that you can decide for yourselves if I was treated fairly. I believe that the documents speak for themselves and don’t need any commentary from me.

I believe that the evidence in my post demonstrates that that there are serious problems at Acadia. My position is that the problems are so serious that I am willing to lose a job that rewards me with a six-figure salary and a gold-plated pension. This is because I believe that my ethical duty to serve the interests of the general public and the students at Acadia take precedence over my own narrow self interests. Given the role that education plays in the lives of the students and society, this is my rationale for why I believe that my situation should be cause for concern for all of us as citizens of the world.”


II — Rick Mehta: A New Canadian

Rick Mehta
February 25 at 1:37am

“In this long post, I’ll give some information about my family history and so-called lived experience in Canada so people know where I’m coming from when it comes to issues related to racism, sexism, etc., and WHY I have been so outspoken of late – and also why I have adopted the positions that I have taken (e.g., standing by Cornwallis and Senator Beyak).

My grandfather was stoned to death outside of his own home during the separation of India for the “crime” of being a government employee. My grandmother blamed my mother for my grandfather’s murder and did what she could to make my mother’s life miserable. In turn, my mother directed her anger about how she was treated onto my older brother – until she realized that what she was doing was wrong. She then overcompensated by spoiling me when I was a child and that created its own problems.

For example, I spent a good part of my childhood looking down on people who were poor and blamed them for their situation without giving any consideration to the greater societal context (e.g., did the people I was insulting even have access to drinking water, education, etc.) I also had a difficult time finding work after graduating from university because I was too spoiled from having had everything given to me, and to had to learn the hard way life’s lessons about the importance of hard work and how to find a job.

Other incidents that have shaped me as a human being stem from my own direct experiences with racism in my childhood (this paragraph) and observing how my mother was treated when she was trying to succeed in the workplace as a woman with brown skin.

During the 1970s, there was a lot of tension between the English and French; because I was a first generation Canadian, I was accepted by neither group. That resulted in me not being allowed on certain streets, being beaten up routinely (in part because of my skin colour, although I imagine that being socially awkward and overweight played a role in being a target of bullies), my family receiving crank phone calls at all hours of the day and night, having total strangers scream at my family and me to “go back to your country”, and routinely coming home to have to clean eggs that were thrown at our home. After the 1980 referendum, my experience as a first generation Canadian has kept getting better. Until Justin Trudeau became prime minister and started dividing our country, I had little reason to even think about my ethnicity or skin colour; I was simply a proud Canadian.

With regard to the issue of sexism, It pained me to have to hear stories of what my mother had to endure due to racism and/or sexism. I’ll give two examples. She was unceremoniously fired over the phone when she called in to miss work because my brother and I were ill with the measles. She also had to watch as people who were junior to her in the workplace quickly rise through the ranks (one person ended up becoming her boss) – not because of qualifications or work ethic, but because they were connected to “the old boys club”.

I like to think that these and other experiences have shaped who I am as a person, how I treat other people in general, and – more importantly – why I’ve tried to structure my classes as a functional hierarchy and democracy. My hope has always been that students would take what I did implicitly and would adopt it into their lives after they’re no longer students in my classes (e.g., how they treat other people, what qualities they look for in politicians when it comes to elections, etc.).

In term of India’s history, it’s true that the British insisted that India and Pakistan become two separate countries, and that this resulted in much bloodshed; I know this because it affected my mother directly and affected me indirectly. However, I believe that a greater good was served as a result of this decision. India is now an economic powerhouse. I highly doubt this would have happened if the British hadn’t insisted on having India separate into two countries. I believe that the situation would have been a lot worse and would have made the conflicts in the Middle East look like world peace in comparison.

It might seem counterintuitive (and some might argue that my position is “racist”), but I believe that the British used their greater and advanced knowledge of civilization and democracy to do what was best for the people of India. I’m not saying that the British were perfect or angels, but if they were evil people hell-bent on genocide, I believe they would have found a way to have accomplished that goal many years ago.

For this reason, I see colonization very differently from the FN advocacy groups and openly challenge some of the narratives that are dominant at university campuses (e.g., the decolonization initiatives) – especially when they’re done under the premise that they can’t be scrutinized (e.g., any attempts to ask questions or offer different perspectives are countered with charges of “racism”, “cultural genocide”, being “pro-colonialsim”, etc.) and when the past is used for endless demands for financial compensation. This explains why I have been very skeptical of the so-called “Truth” and “Reconciliation” report on the residential schools and why I am standing with Cornwallis (I believe that the activists are trying to rewrite history).

I’ll bring my thoughts to a close by saying that respect is a two-way street. At what point are we going to start playing by the same rules when it comes to issues such as race, gender, etc.? We can continue to along with with divides us, which will help us continue to magnify the polarization we’re seeing in society today and the path to civil unrest; if I’m correct, we’re on a path to WWIII and this will consist of civil unrest in the liberal democracies. In the past, evil has persisted not because the citizens had adopted the views of fascism or communism (the term “social justice” is in vogue at the moment), but because the good people did nothing. Applying the lessons of the past to the present, this explains why the voices of reason must start to speak out.

If my reading of history is correct, the voices of reason outnumber the far left to the point of being able to minimize their impact. Once the far left is neutralized, there will be little reason for the far right to advocate for itself. From there, we will finally have a context in which we will finally be able to have the difficult conversations to address both the good and dark sides of our history, and to finally address modern social problems. The simplistic “settler/colonizer” = evil (or “genocidal”), “patriarchy”, “systemic racism”, “systemic sexism” approaches to our history and complex social problems is only worsening problems that can potentially be about as close as humanly possible to being solved or nipped in the bud.”

 

 

Advertisements

NewCanada Sucks: M-103 Edition

>> BACKGROUNDERS: Rex Murphy: M-103 has passed. And what today has changed for the better?; also MPs pass M-103 Thursday even as new poll says most Canadians would vote down anti-Islamophobia motion

>> Vagueness of ‘Islamophobia’ is what makes it troublingly all-inclusive, by Farzana Hassan

>> Canada: Muslim judge jails man for 5 months for “no more Muslims” scrawl on bench – Geller Report

dz_anti_muslim_graffiti___super_portrait-400x267
Muslim Judge makes sure everybody sees bench scrawl. Idiot. No doubt millions of Muslims to die in Canada, due to heinous bench scrawl.

~ OY, CANADA! With Bill M-103 now passed (and the “after-process” of defining crimes, punishments, and all the rest, in the newly unfree Shariafied Canadia), there is:

(1) What they double-pinky-swear will never happen, nothing to see here, all is well, it’s all harmless, you sillies;

(2) what they plan will happen, NOT the same as (1);

(3) What will develop from what they did & planned, and:

(4) how it will be all abusively mis-applied in the real world.

Progressives are stupid like that– there are no unintended consequences, human nature, sin or Satan or God in their carefully planned magical utopias. That’s why their schemes fail, get horrible, and why they never learn, or care to learn from any mistaks, reality-checks, or reflection. They say X, some magic happens, thus, it is so. Ta-da!

How We Got Here

Here’s how. Oil!! The West fiddled in the Middle East in the last century, after the Turkish Empire fell apart (WWI), for oil & suchlike. The Progressive Left hates the West, and serious Christianity; the newly aggravated Middle East hates the West, and serious Christianity.

Her is a match made in hell, kills two birds with one stone, to crush & divide nations using smelly little progressive pieties and manipulative politics, aided and abetted by soft-Jihad, squishy liberalized churches, with smiles all ’round. Because? Tolerance (enslavement to novel or toxic ideology & religion, for subversive purposes)! This is all subversion.

Militant cultural supremacist Muslims love such useful idiocy, and talk all pretty about rights & freedoms and burning issues and unity and fellowship (watch Iqra Khalid in vid). Liberal Party voters mostly, useful idiots all. ~

kangaroo_court

BOHIC, 2017

Bend over, cuz here it comes. The all-but open Sharia (Islamic Law on Blasphemy* = anti-Islamic statements, even based on truth & facts, and statements by Muslims) has officially become law in stupid Canada. Let’s give a big welcome to the ridiculous & unjust New UnFreeSpeech Sharia-police Kangaroo Kourts, even worse than the old ridiculous & unjust Human Rights Commission Gestapo Kangaroo Kourts.

This is progress, suicidal Leftist-style. The process will be the punishment, O kuffar infidels! Let the chill, the silencing, the mutual surveillance and tattling and untold suffering and injustice begin!!

Come and get me, Ya damned Islamo-Supremacist faerie fucksticks!

So saith.

Teh Binks**

turbanbomb1

 

* Logically, one can only blaspheme (religiously insult) one’s own particular faith. Islam claims to be the one true faith whether you like it or not, with universal insultability by atheists, Muslims, Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs, and whoever else, so shut up, they explained, and cough up $$$. “Logic”, truth, evidence, applicability are not Muslim Supremacist essentials. In a different time and place, this would be “Insulting the Fuhrer”, or “Counter-Revolutionary activity” under Mao, Stalin, or the North Korean or Cambodian or current Chinese regimes. Guilty until  the fair trial, then imprisoned, or shot.

** Just FYI: It was for blogging on such topics that my own dear sainted NDP-Is-Kinda-Right-Wing hyper-Progressive Mother used to call me a racist Nazi, amongst other things. 

Word To A Scottish Blogger

canstockphoto19419198-two-confused-guys-300x211

Saith the Binks– the following (minus section-headings,minor formatting, and graphics) was written as a comment on Loki’s webpage for the article just below. It is unedited, and so there you are, and there you go. ~B~

~ ITEM: PRIVILEGE AND PREJUDICE: SOCIAL JUSTICE IN AN AGE OF MALE CONFUSION– February 25, 2016 by Loki The Scottish Rapper

Sargon of Akkad:
The Regressive Left has Become the Religious Right

Dear ‘Loki’ Scottish Blogger–

This is a brilliant, courageous, truth-speaking essay, and while you will get flak from your own side as a possible heretic, keep speaking, thinking, and looking at reality as you are trying to do.

I don’t fit in many of the modern categories– I’m a vaguely libertarian-ish old-liberal-ish semi-Catholic-ish middle-aged male Christian. Where do we believers fit, except in the categories of ‘old absolutist’, bigot, superstitious, and wrongly maligned as if all Christians are anti-intellectual, creationist, and laughable, and exactly the same? Everywhere, and nowhere– equally oppressed?

christianity-under-attack

Picking A Team

Therefore, looking around the current political battlefields, I find many of the new Atheists interesting, because rigorous, if biased; I find the power-mongering systems-theory irrationalist SJWs cultic and absolutist and moralizers and comment-blockers; and the secular economic capitalist too cruel and immoral; the MGTOW/ PUA/ MRA men’s movement partial and obsessed, if worthy of sympathy; the 3rd wave feminists unreflectively and nastily Marxist, without understanding their own progressivism. Sigh.

Back in the 1980s when I was in university, the politically correct were trying, but failing in their first effort to conquer academia, silence criticism, and make colleges into tribal hooting places, instead of a level playing field for learning, thinking, gaining some grasp on various topics via effort and research, without profs being nasty cheerleaders for this or that propagandistic cartoon of a topic. Yes, there was such a time, even after the irrational rumblings of the 1960s.

_79160148_universitystudents1994

The 80s? You talk to all sorts of people to learn what & how they think; you disagree, or even disapprove in some cases, but still have coffee and friendly chit-chat after; you actually try to think both sides of an issue– then you know more than a one-side-only obsessive. You imperfectly use the evidence and reasons and tools you have, without judging someone who differs from you as stupid, or immoral, not entirely human or deserving of respect… or in need of re-education camp.

Enter The Now

2f3c14cf-f628-49c7-b21b-438997faa52a

Safe-spaces? Tantrums? No-platforming? Really? Monsterizing anybody who disagrees in any speck or word of the current moment of identity politics? Nope. Erasing from our common humanity whole categories of our fellow men and women via class, race, gender, cheap discount Marxism, and right-grabbers, minoritarian cry-bullies and petty tyrants? No way.

Anyhow, sorry for the pontification. Great article. I got here via Sargon of Akkad.

Cheers,

Binks

http://www.steynian.wordpress.com
http://www.therebel.media/binks_webelf

elf-list.jpg

Ticking Time Bombs Of The Ordinary

just chatting

~ YOU CAN’T BE too careful.

All around us, in our carefully fenced in politically correct culture and media, are ticking time-bombs of goodness, beauty, truth, and ordinary humanity. Books, art, thought, faith, architecture– terribly risky stuff. Ought to be banned. After all, at any time one might go off, and all of a sudden someone’s safe little SJW world is blown to smithereens.

The modern Left/ progressive movement is a religious cult without a God, except The One Message. Only this– things & people and reality are not as the crazy Left describes or wants them to be, and reality  can and will break in from any direction, except in the most extreme  and die-hard cases.

I mean, there you are, smugly minding your own politically correct business, and then something like this sneaks up on you….

wonderful_sunset_hdr_by_stg123-d3hl8m1

Via

… and there’s the crepuscular God-beams, and all the unearthly glowing golds and reds and endless shades of rich orange and dusky blue and royal purple, and suddenly you zone out and find yourself awe-struck and silent in wonder, pondering idly about life, God, or heaven, or beauty, or What It All Means; or, worse, you have one of those mysterious heart-piercing timeless for a thousand years moments, which leaves you flooded with a kind of wrenching homesickness and teary joy, and all your angry politics and petty little orthodoxies seem “weary, stale, flat, and unprofitable” (Hamlet: Act 1, Scene 2) …. and there’s another mind and soul awakened.

Call The GooglyTwitBook Police!

Recently on YouTube, the discussion section on this excellent Milo video (also featuring “Based Mom” Christina Hoff Sommers) broke out into verboten thinking & free speech about how disappointing Progressivism is in reality, and how cruelly it treats people. Several folks there described such political awakenings out of kinderSJWland safe-spaces to reality.. then actual more open discussion (not yet restricted by Google) broke out!

It’s a reminder that just openly chatting, telling the truth as we know it, and that laughing at and speaking back to supremacists with logic, facts and humour can make a huge difference, since the change of one heart & mind may be the beginning of changing the entire world. The rads & progs may own most of the megaphones, but we have an endlessly appealing reality and freedom we’re trying to win & keep for ourselves and everybody.

Binks Brings Teh Blathers

elf-list

Being a tireless babble-box, I had to weigh in. I too am a former Canadian soft-lefty relativist with past criminal and anarchic leanings (see below for copies of some of the comments). Here’s what I said to ‘Townsend’, a German guy who is sick of the Left, in full.

Townsend:

I’m happy for 3rd Wave Feminizzum! It has brought me, a left leaning liberal, together with conservatives, who I now consider my brother(s). Certainly not economically but in very many points regarding our culture.

Binks:

+Townsend — Welcome aboard! You will a find only a very tiny minority of Conservatives/ libertarians/ SoCons to be nuts– and that mostly frustrated anger. Most of us are happy, funny, facty, friendly, smart, ordinary people just trying to get along in a chaotic world. If we’re awake at all, we find ourselves roused off the couch by screaming SJW loonies who are after our kids, schools, mass-media, universities, books, government policies and video games. Yikes!

These desperate and unhappy progressive people believe that not only is Utopia good and possible, but that it is within human power to make it so, the sooner the better. Thus, it’s fair play to bulldoze and dehumanize and scream at the opposition (such as Stupid Milo and Evil Christina) as evil and subhuman. It’s power, not reason, because They’ve Already Got It All Figured Out. Airhorns and no-platforming ensues. This is me (my YT channel is just a parking place): http://www.therebel.media/binks_webelf and over here: https://steynian.wordpress.com

Cheers.

He replied: 

+Binks Webelf: Hey Webelf, thanks for the welcome. I’m not afraid of conservatives as in some respect I have always considered myself tending towards conservative positions (family and more general values). It is only that now I speak it out loudly because I want to make my voice be heard against all the hysterical screams from the left. Economically, like I said before, I will still maintain a more left-leaning position, as I do believe in the power of politics over economy (not in the socialist sense though!) But I am German and you’re Canadian (?) so there will not be much to fight about, I guess. But where we both agree if I understand you correctly (I quickly scanned through the links), is that we need to stop this SJW nonsense, mostly because it is a thread to freedom of speech, which we share as much in Europe as you do in North America. Cheers!

Then me again:

Precisely, and yes, you won’t find such a lock-step outside the SJW world.. we’ve got an *actual* diversity of ideas, economic thoughts, moral positions, and backgrounds. That’s the world outside the toxic hive of the hard Left, which has reduced all of Western civilization to a series of slogans, screams, sloppy thinking, and seriously lazy & narrow minds.

If all history and literature and philosophy and politics boils down to “Patriarchy!”, it’s not unlike the scary things which happened in Italy and Germany and the United States in the 1930s. A song with one note only.

Me, I’m a Canadian– default lefty, but fair-minded. Then Islam and the War On Terror and Campus SJW, and the war on free speech, and the attacks on Christians got rolling in the last 15 years.. WTF? My political awakening started there, alongside my existing philosophical and cultural and religious principles.

I’ve found the allegedly evil hateful patriarchal mean-spirited untermensch of the non-Left to be mostly just… decent and interesting people. Such folks seem interested in ideas, care about real people, have manners and courtesy and a great sense of humour, and a capacity to discuss, argue, and agree to disagree. We have even warts, flaws, and make mistakes, and don’t know the answer to all the things!!

Milo? Interesting & funny. Hoff Sommers? Interesting & funny. Paglia? Interesting & funny. Shapiro? Interesting & funny. Steyn? Levant? Southern, and other Canadian non-progressives? Interesting & funny.

And now, the ginormous entirety of Western Civilization is yours to explore and ponder and enjoy– Greco-Roman Judaeo-Christian, the ancient, middle and modern. The whole schnitzel.

It’s no longer verboten, dead white male, sexist, or not affirming of this or that nutty political principle. Cicero, Sophocles, Moses, Jesus, Aquinas, Dante, all the great books and pyramids and castles and cathedrals and history and philosophy, and the full real story (good and bad)– minus the politically correct blinders & filters.

One book I found a good intro: Anthony Esolen– http://www.amazon.com/Politically-Incorrect-Western-Civilization-Guides/dp/1596980591/ref=sr_1_4

More here– http://www.theimaginativeconservative.org/category/christian-humanism/anthony-esolen

And billions of blogs and forums, and good people actually thinking and talking and joking together about serious things, regular things, fun things.

Wish to chat more: binks.webelf-at-gmail.com

Cheers!

And that’s how ordinary people actually chat without speech-police, no-platforming, Twitter Spies, FaceBook bans, screaming crazy people in red paint or with airhorns, and other lockstep supremacists minding all your thoughts, words, and deeds.

It’s a very dangerous world out there– let’s live dangerously!

So Saith

Teh Binks

huzzah01

youtube 01.JPG

And plus, furthermore….

youtube 02.JPG

Campus 2016: A Warm Angry Glow

burnsaturn

“Revolution is like Saturn, it devours its own children.”

~ Various Revolting Frenchmen, 1789 ~

~ ITEM: The Reaction to Richard Dawkins’ No-Platforming – Livestream vid; and Brief Candle in the Dark – with Richard Dawkins; Richard Dawkins No-Platformed by Atheism+ Feminists

~ ITEM: Facebook SJWs attack “Cry Bullies” proving cartoon’s point

~ ITEM: The Sp!ked UK ‘Down With Campus Censorship Campaign‘– lots of resources

>>> UPDATE: ~ ITEM: Progressive Tantrum Kids At Rutgers— a gift that keeps on giving.. for Breitbart, at least, amongst others! Headlines– College Group Therapy Post-Milo; plus I Brought Milo Yiannopoulos to Rutgers; also ‘You Probably Should Have Been Aborted!’; not to mention Milo on Rutgers Radicals

Parents: learn these lessons, and find out ahead of time exactly what your tuition dollars are paying for and just what kind of know-nothing ideological mutant you may end up with after Undiversity. ITYS.

>>> BONUS! New Speech via YouTube– “CALM DOWN!! Restoring Common Sense to Feminism.” University of Minnesota, featuring Yiannopoulos and American Enterprise Institute resident scholar Christina Hoff Sommers

From Liberation to Censorship: Feminism and Free Speech – Julie Bindel, Milo Yiannopoulos, Jane Fae, 9th December, 2015.

+ + +

~ THERE’S A VERY MESSY new culture war within the ruins of what used to be called the liberal left– between the cry-bully safespace-kids, and the older generation of progressives. Grab your popcorn!

The latest tactic for the younger generation of radicals is something called ‘No Platforming‘– or, raising a stink about someone, no matter how, to get them banned from a public event, discussion panel, or convention, and reported to various authorities.

waaaahbabies

Evil banned comic via.. and buy the t-shirt

This ideological civil strife has broken out into several recent public disputes and events in the UK & US, including atheist star Richard Dawkins, aging English gay activist Peter Tatchell, feminist icon Germaine Greer, 80’s feminist Julie Bindel, and young gay-con Milo Yiannopolous, just to mention a few thought-criminals against lock-step campus progressivism.

In some cases, aging radicals dislike the fact that their uppance has come, that the radical forces they helped unleash are now biting them in the hindquarters. Hilarity ensues.

Julie Bindel is one such cheerful sower of dragon’s teeth. She has actually proposed “concentration camps for all men, a group she doesn’t actually even regard as human.” Further, as the headline below proves, she doesn’t even understand what the no-platforming monster is all about in 2016. It’s hard being stuck in the 1980s.

CQ8A_OmU8AAyxGr
Nutty Older Feminist Bully Mad At Younger Feminist Bullies For Using Feminist Bullying Tactics On A Nutty Older Feminist Bully. Must be men’s fault.

No-platforming was originally an anti-fascist tactic, but has mutated into a form of campus censorship, and silencing of free speech– now against many of their own ideological allies and elders, no less, as well as their peers, professors, and other victims. And so it spreads like an anti-intellectual fungal infection into society from there.

noplatform

Yes, this is actually a thing, and– ironically and sadly– it’s arising in England, the home of free speech, parliamentary democracy, and hard-won liberty under law. Magna Carta? Didn’t learn about that in my Afro-Concentric trans-lesbian basket-weaving course, so it can’t be all that important, can it?

“If you’re upset or offended, tough! That’s what universities are for.”

~ Richard Dawkins ~

Progressive Kids Are Teh Scary

Black-eyed-children-1

We’ve created a noisy minority within the current generation of university students. They literally believe that offending anybody in any way is utterly unacceptable– unless you’re off-message, non-progressive, or one of those icky oppressive hook-nosed Jewishes.

No remorse, no regret, no mercy, no logic, no care for those whom they silence or crush, victory at any cost, human or otherwise. They don’t just gaze into Nietzsche’s abyss, they paddle around in it: “Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster“, warned crazy Friedrich.

And it’s spread to universities near you. In one burst of irony-free activism, a student  called for the merely potentially offensive London School of Economics free-speech society to be banned— amounting to freedom from speech. Can’t be too careful.

pitchforks-mob

“Just ENJOY the feeling. There is no need to rationalise it.

The warm angry glow of moral superiority becomes addictive….”

~ John Cleese

Such political correctness has been around for decades, and petty campus bullies and idiots  and petty tyrants are nothing new– I used to encounter them all the time. Fast-forward to 2016, and now the social media megaphone has gotten them more attention and money, made them more bold, and enforced their cry-bully outrage and ideology. And they are much more busy & dangerous.

The Laughability

cleeserumour

Monty Python member, actor and author John Cleese wisely warns: “If you start to say ‘We mustn’t, we mustn’t criticize or offend them’, then humor is gone. With humor goes a sense of proportion. And then as far as I’m concerned you’re living in 1984….” (Real Time with Bill Maher: John Cleese on Political Incorrectness (HBO).

As part of our fact-based strategy to push-back against the campus neo-fascists, we must also use humour, mockery, strident criticism and an utter refusal to apologize or seek approval from the cry-bully social justice warrior mob. Take no prisoners– pray for them, love them, speak to them.. and laugh at them.

With a sense of rebellious and fun-living mischief, humour can keep us sane, humble, thick-skinned, and prevents our becoming monsters-– those boring, unsmiling, grumbling, prowling, bellowing & howling perpetually offended zombies for The Cause.

Keep smiling.

So saith Teh

Binks

The Twitter-Police Rising, 2016

deadtweet

Via

UPDATE 2: #CurrentTruth… Ms. Sarkeesian, Attention-seeking feminist silencer & scam-arteeest, denies she wants to silence all the things which bother her, even though on repeated occasions, she’s said she wants to silence all the things which bother her. Evil skeptical man blogger is skeptical (see vid 9:52 ff.). Those expressing concern about her are part of a giant secret misogynist conspiracy, and proves anybody who questions here does so because we hate teh wimmins! Silly peoples– only her giant secret patriarchal conspiracy theory is allowed.

Lady wants what she wants, but she wants to look all heroic and innocent of anything vaguely bad. Gotcha. ‘Hypocrite’ is the term, invented by the ancient Greeks, I believe.

If anybody asked me to be part of a giant Twitter speech-police committee, I’d be tempted to says yes, but only to record the meetings, to broadcast them to the planet. Otherwise, no, because I’m not anybody’s overlord, and don’t wish to be.

UPDATE 1 Another blogger goes down to Evil Twitter? “Did Twitter’s Orwellian ‘Trust and Safety’ Council Get Robert Stacy McCain Banned? Prominent GamerGate figure clashed with council member Anita Sarkeesian. Now he’s gone.”

What he says: “This is why you can’t even state FACTS about these people on Twitter without being accused of “harassment.” Facts are harassment and truth is hate and Oceania Has Always Been at War With Eastasia. Sarkesian is anti-freedom because she is anti-truth. She and her little squad of soi-disant “feminists” are just hustlers looking for a free ride, and the only way they can get that ride is to silence anyone who speaks the truth about them and calls them out as the cheap bullshit artists they actually are.”

SHE IS A Canadian-educated daughter of immigrant Armenian parents, who has recently attained some interweb & UN fame and fortune.

He is a gay conservative gadfly who engages and enrages feminists and social justice warriors in Britain and abroad, via Twitter, a wide range of articles, and social media. He is  writing a book on the Gamergate controversy.

Connection?

Only this. He just got ‘de-verified’ by an increasingly irrelevant and unprofitable Twitter, and she’s just been hired by Twitter as part of their 1984-ish council of grievance a.k.a. “trust and safety council” for ‘ensuring safe spaces’– i.e., Twitter Speech Police (their official statement). Oh goody.

anita-sarkeeisian
Will Nanny ALL Your Twitter Things!

She: Anita Sarkeesian is a Canadian-raised feminist ‘media critic’ currently residing in the U.S. She  launched her Feminist Frequency blog in Canada, but later presided over part of the #GamerGate controversy, by weighing in against critics of ethical problems & political correctness in game journalism. As a graduate of the infamously hyper-progressive York University in Toronto (an MA in ‘Social and Political Thought‘) as well as California State University, she knows all the tropes and tricks in the social justice warrior playbook, and parlayed that into a cool million dollars of income over the past several years.

rutgers-speech-8-e1455133225213
The Dark Lord Milo! Most ‘Dangerous Faggot’!

He: Milo Yiannopolis is an Englishman of Greek background, a homosexual, irreverent, and chatty conservative controversialist and ‘cultural libertarian’ who appears on Twitter, Breitbart, TV shows and media platforms to disassemble feminism, defend free speech, demonstrating that hard-Leftist progressive politics and culture are not mandatory for self-identified gay men.

Now, he’s declared an all-out war on Social Justice Warriors.. in a “fun and provocative” way. Grab the popcorn.

Shut Up! They Argued

dangfag

As part of his Dangerous Faggot” 2016 World Tour (dates & details here), Milo spoke on the Rutgers University campus on February 9th, to the usual attempts to shut down his speech by aggrieved “Black Lives Matter” activists. Some protesters had smeared their faces with red paint (which they left splattered on chairs, floors, and doors for the cleaning staff to deal with, no doubt). Tantrums, mess, and incivility matter!

The speech went ahead, after the rest of the crowd started chanting back at the disruptive BLM people “Trump! Trump! Trump!”, i.e., stuff your political correctness, we’re hear to listen to Milo, agree with him or not, so shut-up.

blm-rutgers-fascists-575x328
Some Rutgers Wah-Babies, February 2016

Behold typical neo-progressive campus activism: mischievous and disruptive bomb & death-threats, pulled fire alarms, angry mobs, screaming youth, and some cancelled events have become the new normal. This is just as most campuses in Europe and North America (such as Sarkeesian’s YorkU, Toronto) have become left-leaning toxic monocultures of progressivism, anti-semitism, soft-fascism, anti-Christianity, and a remarkable touchiness about even allowing words and ideas they dislike to be spoken on campus by students or profs, let alone at big events self-described by uppity and ‘Dangerous Faggots’.

Ideas? Thoughts? Discussion? Learning? Not so much. Hence Milo’s Ezra-esque and Steynian cheerful troublesomeness.

You can listen to Milo’s actual words & ideas at the Rutgers on “How the Progressive Left Is Destroying Education” by clicking the link, or on other topics via many YouTube videos.

dangfag2

Grab That Muzzle

Yiannopolous started out as the ‘Breitbart Tech editor‘, but his fame (and the hatred directed toward him) grew as he journalistically took apart #GamerGate and feminist claims in various venues, to the point that his enemies recently protested his ‘Verified’ status on Twitter.. so the anti-free-speech Twits obediently de-verified him. Can’t have a ‘dangerous faggot’ interfering with the one-message Progressivist signal, can we?

The direction Twitter (and FaceBook) are trending in 2016 is uniformly progressive– towards editing, blocking, deleting, de-verifying, and otherwise interfering with non-Progressive groups, messages, and individuals. Of course, Mr. Yiannopolous has not stopped twittering, but the deverification means that his many online fans don’t automatically receive his tweets in their regular news-feed.

Thus Miss Sarkeesian’s invite to the Twitter Muzzle & Ban club fits where that social media platform wants to go: less dissent, less upsetting ideas, less free speech, less contrarian troublemaking– less stupid evil Milo & company. These are sad and alarming developments: some speech is freer than others; some ideas are more equal than others.

Soft-Fascism Rising

Ever since the fact-checking and talking back to establishment radicals hit with the invention of the public internet, various kinds of speech police have been working double-overtime to stuff the genie back into the bottle. Uncontrollable thought, open discussion, debunking, actual debate and disagreement?– it must be stopped.

So Miss Sarkeesian has chosen to be the poster-girl for Big Brother and Big Muzzle, via social media giants; and a thoughtful gay pest has stood up one of the latest poster-boys for the fightback, for freedom and rational debate in media, culture, on campuses, and no sacred cows allowed. Pay attention to his reasoned ideas now, before someone shoots him.

socjust
Via

Oh, Canada?

Dare we hope some less-than-soft-fascistic Canadian university invites Milo Yiannopolous to speak here, to fight back against the creeping morbidity of mind and politics which is even now re-freezing the Canadian mind and spirit? We could invite Sarkeesian, too, but we already have thousands upon thousands of copies of her in Women’s Studies Departments, feminist groups, and in government and bureaucracy (plus the Prime Minister’s Office) to think she’d really bring anything interesting or new. We helped inflict her on the world– surely we owe the world some balanced fact-checking?

I know whose side I’m standing on. How about you?

My name is Binks WebElf, and I self-identify as a cis-gendered male elf, except on Wombat Wednesdays, and “I’m A Tree, So Hug Me” month.

silence

* Please note: a version of this article was posted over at Rebel Media‘s blog-site, The Megaphone. Please support them with your readership, reposting stories, and financial help.

 

Look At Me!.. But Not Too Closely…

elf-toonclub
‘Truuuust Me!’ Says Binky

 

 

PLEASE IGNORE all that follows.. after all, I’m merely a privileged white male cisgendered Canadian elf. As a white male of my species, I’m no doubt a patriarchy racists sexism, and one of the micro-causes of endless micro-aggressions. Stupid fat elf. Boo, me!

Attention-seeking is a complex thing. What happens when you mix toxic ideology with deeply damaged or nasty people?

Serious fireworks ensue.. and perhaps some insights.

Doubting The Doubters

17stevens2
Me Spong! You Bigot! No awkward questions, please.

An Anglican philosopher friend of mine once took on the notoriously attention-seeking (but question avoiding) controversialist Bishop and writer John “Look At Meee” Spong. The crowd were mostly Spong-devotees, but my friend took his shot.

My friend said:

(1) You (Spong) assert that much of religion (& Christianity in particular) is actually a Freudian-style projection of father-issues into universal truth claims about God. (My Dad In The Sky).

(2) So your (Spong’s) view of God is essentially a projection of your (Spong’s) own interior father-issues (Spong had a bad relationship with his father, he reports) into universal truth-claims about God.

(3) Therefore: if you’re right, why should anyone believe what you (Spong) claim to be true or not true about God & religion, if it’s all ‘actually’ about your projected personal fatherhood issues, and not truth claims about what is actually real and true? Why should anybody care about that?

Spong’s religion = how he feels about his dead Dad. Right up there with his opinions on knitting, and eggrolls.

Wait for it. Booooooooooooooooooom.

booooooom

In that flash of simple logic, my friend demolished mitred narcissist Spong’s clever 50-year schtick of ‘trust me’ doubting, deconstruction, and the flawed thinking behind his ‘because Freud’ agnosticism.

Then It Got Really Weird

What happened next? Nothing sensible.

Bp. Spong wiffled, waffled, and then attacked (as usual). My gregarious & thoughtful friend was ‘judgmental’ and ‘narrow-minded’ and unpleasant and ‘fundamentalist’. That is, Spong The Famous Doubter could not– or would not– answer reasonable questions doubting Spong’s own doubt. Question ME? Name-calling, you bigot!

Here’s where it gets.. even weirder.

During a break after question-time, a Spongite woman came up to my friend, asking him to back off, and ‘be nicer’ to Spong, because he was a deeply damaged man, who spoke on behalf of so many other damaged people. Er, what-now?

Or, “Please lay off on the facts & logic and truth stuff, or any holding our hero accountable for his wreckifying via ideas, lectures, words, debates, books, ‘sermons’, TV appearances, and wealth & fame as a very public doubter and agnostic about Christianity, because.. feelings!” Leave Crazy Spong Alo-o-o-one!, cry the other crazy people.

How Very 21st Century

hypocrite1

Public personas are just that: a public face-mask presented to the world. Anything can be behind the mask. What about the human toothaches, who enjoy making trouble? The deeply troubled but obnoxious, who are banging around injuring people and screeching about causes? Or the criminal, presenting themselves as heroes, whilst hiding dark secrets?

Even when we present questions, arguments, fact-checking and real data to the debate, we may be just scratching the surface of what’s going on.

+++

Breitbart writer Milo Yiannopoulos wonders just how many troublesome ‘radical’ attention-seeking public figures on the Left are not simply voices for some progressive position, but underneath may be deeply damaged, malignant narcissists, drama-seekers, or hurting/ hurtful people flailing about injuring innocent people and breaking things, under the guise of activism, feminism, social justice, or whatever other excuse for being sad, bad, or bat-spit mad. He says (29:20 and forward):

“Very often you’ll discover deep dysfunction in their private lives, and my supposition, my guess, is that very often the business of engaging in social justice, of bullying of other people, the engaging in the Oppression Olympics  is quite often a sort of therapy for people who are suffering. It’s a sort of learned response to trauma.

Because after a while, you realize that so many of the ringleaders in this incredibly.. off-the-wall movement have such checkered, dark, you know, ugly pasts, of lies, drug-taking…. Very often because they are attention-seekers, they are desperate for affirmation, and for “Victimhood Bucks”….”

Strategic Butt Coverings!

asbutts

Recently, internets feminist saint Anita Sarkeesian told her supporters (US$170K on Kickstarter, another US$700K from various other sources 2014-present) that all her Feminist Frequency work is just too much (3 hours & 40 minutes of video, and related research, plus some articles, including her latest civilization-saving YouTube vid on, um, “Strategic Butt Coverings“). Pixel-bums. Not joking.

Mz. Anita’s easing back because– note this– she now tells us she’s suffered a life-long battle with depression & now burnout, plus some mean critics & anti-feminists on the internets are making her feel bad. But no refunds.

472733760
Depressions! Burnouts! Get my good side!

Who said what-now?! Anita: many people have depression, or burnout– such runs in my own family– but we’re not all swanning about with a cool mil, showing up on magazine covers & whinging at UN committees, getting riches & fame by preachily pissing on Men’s Rights, gamer culture, and men in general… all whilst having an undisclosed distorted and distorting mental illness. Publicity and followers and free money is not helping you get better, if you’re actually telling the truth about all this.

No, not all depressed people are unfit or ‘nuts’– but depending on the details, depression-things can make things appear much darker, more dramatic & ‘conspiratorial’, self-centred, scary or overwhelming than they really are. Hidden physical or mental suffering can be a circus-funhouse of unhappy, and not necessarily an accurate place from which to view the world, yourself, or others.

Binks For Rent!

For Rent Key Means Lease Or Rental.
‘Reeeeent Me!’ Says Binky

By the way, if anybody offers me a million dollars to regurgitate super-simplistic sophomore summaries of black Commie SJW Feminist Bell Hooks, I will also shave the Binky-pits, wear the Sarkeesian giant hoop-earrings, bright lipstick, plaid shirts and dyed side-locks. I promise to silence and mock anybody who disagrees with me, Bell Hooks, or Zoe Quinn, because Reasons. I will not plead burnout after my choice to spend 18 months in the public eye.

Anyone? Anyone?

Into The Bedlam?

2581530-unnamedjpg
Pro Damsel Mz. Chelsea Van Valkenburg, and her feline fur-baby.

Other hardcore Social Justice Warriors– like ‘Zoe Quinn‘ (a.k.a. Chelsea Van Valkenburg), or Randi Harper, or Shanley Kane— have more than proven themselves unethical, dishonest, troubled, and unstable people. They conceal their dark and crazy from their audience & opponents, and act out in various ways via ‘justice issues’, almost as a kind of avoidance of looking at themselves, finding treatment, or owning up to serious sins, crimes, or crises behind the public/ internet false mask.

Look over here! And over there!! Injustices!! Run! Hurry! Do what I say!! Self-awareness? Answering critics? Not so much.

The Unusual Suspects

Some ‘social justice’ progressives even turn out to be stalkers, male and female rapists, pedophiles, sociopaths, fraud artists and scammers, petty criminals, or compulsive liars, perhaps punishing others and society because malice, issues, or injuries in their lives. Not good.

Or, are you a well-connected and vengeful feminist bully (name rhymes with ‘Stephanie Guthrie’) who thinks they have a right to silence and lie about lowly non-feminist male scum who dare disagree via Twitter? Why not persecute him online, then drag Gregory Alan Elliott to court for three long years of frivilous misery, where the ‘due process’ is the bankrupting punishment? That’s here in Trudeau’s NeoCanada, but thankfully she lost (until the inevitable weepy legal appeal). This damaged chick should pay all his court costs, and for wasting taxpayer’s time & money. Ms. Guthrie can never give back his lost years. Nope, no issues or ideology there!

Cuffs

Utopian Ideology + deep personal problems = The Patriarchy is out to get me! I was Twitter-raped! They’re trying to kill me! All men are evil! Believe everything I say, or else! I’m being triggered! Intersectional micro-aggressions! Silence my critics! I have internet PTSD!! Kill all men! Help me, love me, cuddle me, give me a blankie and a teddy-bear, cuz I’m scared and sad and bad and lonely!!

It can get awfully ugly, when egotism, disease, disorder, evil, malice, and guilt is running the show.

Physician, Heal Thyself?

OK: Whoa now– first things first. This is not about dogpiling anyone. These people are people, and some of them really need help, or to get offline, and to shut up until they are better.

It’s simple, but not easy. Be healed if you would heal. Turn to God, and be made new.

This is at least part of what Jesus was teaching when he warned about being hastily judgmental (St. Luke 6:41-42). He was not in fact against judging– i.e., assessing something or someone correctly, in order to rebuke and/ or help them.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.”

Blinded by a huge plank, O sinful bossy hypocrite? Then don’t rush into performing expert eye-surgery on others. Or: got am aster-plan to fix all the things, SJW? How about starting the fix-up with yourself, first?

eye2

If we are moved by love and mercy, and a desire to save & heal– and if we have seen, repented of, and confessed our sins & bad attitudes and mistaken ideas– then we have de-planked our own eye, stepped out of hypocrisy and blinding sin and harsh judgement, and become someone able to help others with their specks. We’re not moved by proving how wise and awesome and self-important we are, but by a healing which we humbly wish to share.

The Zombie Way

On the other hand, feeding off our badness and miseries to make others miserable and bad, is a destructive zombie-life. So is choosing to become creepy and more troubled, revelling in our depression, anxiety, sins, and hurts, and living a double life of public righteousness and ranting, and inward evil and sorrow. Why heal up from that broken leg? Keep limping along, and hit it with a hammer once in a while– and hey! Why not break other people’s legs with a hammer, too? Then, find all sorts of people to blame for it, make some videos and get a loyal following, then see if you can raise a hundred thousand bucks on Patreon in sympathy?

Not for this elf. Don’t listen to SJW celebrities– or anyone for that matter– without wondering who they really are, what motivates them, and what kind of fruit they bear in the public square and their personal lives. ~

goodmanevilman